Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hungry Anyone?

What's it people say? "Call me whatever you want. Just don't call me late for dinner!"

Some would say having a vegetarian to feed can make it difficult to come up with meals for everyone to enjoy. Well, I beg to differ! Although, that's probably because I'm the vegetarian! :o)

In all reality, it's actually very easy. The only difference is that you may have to dirty an extra dish or two. For example, when we have spaghetti for dinner at my house, I take a small pot to heat the sauce. In a larger pan, I brown the meat and add the sauce. The noodles don't get mixed in with the meat and sauce. It's that simple!

Now it is time to share one of my favorite meals with you.

Hickory Honey Smoked Veggies & Chicken


What you will need:
  • Green Peppers
  • Onions
  • Tomatoes
  • Potatoes
  • Mushrooms
  • Chicken Tenderloins
  • Kraft Hickory Honey Smoked BBQ Sauce
  • Egg Noodles
As for quantities of each ingredient, I will leave that up to you. I base how many of each ingredient on how many people are eating. But, as a general rule of thumb, 1 of each vegetable is usually more then enough for every 2 people.

Now for the "how to" part and, to be honest, it's very easy...

- Cut up vegetables and place in aluminum tin. (Why an aluminum tin you ask? Two words: easy clean-up)
- Trim fat off chicken and place in separate aluminum pan.
- Add one bottle of Kraft Hickory Honey Smoked BBQ sauce to each tin.
- Once sauce has been added to veggies and chicken, cover (aluminum foil or plastic wrap) and place in refrigerator and allow to marinate over night.

Note: You don't have to marinate the veggies and chicken over night. I like to do it because it allows the veggies and chicken to really soak in the sauce!

- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook veggies for a hour and a half. Stir every 20 minutes or so.
- Cook chicken for a hour and fifteen minutes. Flip chicken half way through cook time.
- For the noodles, follow directions on package.

Time to eat! Enjoy!

I know this meal takes some time. But, it is so worth it. Plus, it really is very easy.
I hope you like it as much as I do!

Bon-Appetit!
-Vicki

1 comment:

  1. So we owe each other a veggie dinner and scrapbooking!!! I hope your sister and Ian liked it!

    ReplyDelete