Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Surprise!

Remember when I told you I love that my job allows me to use my creativity in so many ways? Well, I still stand by that 110%! But, every now and then I get a theme to work with that really does test my creativity and imagination to the limits. Thankfully, I have one heck of a team behind me to work with.

So, a few weeks back, we did a surprise party for a man turning 50! His wife gave us a list of his favorite things and told us to incorporate them into the decor elements. Sounds easy enough, right? Well, here's his list of favorite things and why.
  • Tomatoes - Because he grows them in his vegetable garden
  • Vegas - Because it's his favorite vacation spot
  • Marbles - Because he likes to collect all different ones
  • Crabs - Because he's from Maryland and, well, who from MD doesn't love them!
I must say, trying to come up with a look that incorporates all these ideas and keeping the look classy and appealing took some real creativity. If not done right, it could have been a disaster.

Here, take a look at what we came up with!

The entrance to the backyard : The entrance to the tent

The buffet tables

Cocktail Tables & Centerpieces

The Vegas Bar

The Crab Buffet Table

The Final Product!

Like I said, while this may seem like an odd combination of "favorites" to use as decorative inspiration, I really am happy with the way it all turned out. I sure hope you feel the same way!

Cheers,
-Vicki

OH... I ALMOST FORGOT!
This last picture is too cute not to share.
After we were all done setting up and in the process of getting ready for the party to start, the family dog decided to make himself the center of attention and sat down right in the middle of the red carpet entrance to the tent! It was so adorable!

1 comment: