Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Time to Catch Up!

Yesterday we went over what's coming up. But, I think it's time to let you all know what I've been up to the last few weeks when I've been without my computer!

So, let's get going.

First we are going to start with FOOD! With football season upon us, it seems only fitting to share my Football Snacks with you.

Snack #1: Crab Dip
It's not very often that you find a cold crab dip. Well, I have one that is delish and SOO easy yo make!

Here's what you need:
  • 1 Lb. Back Fin Crab Meat
  • Miracle Whip
  • Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • Old Bay
After breaking up the crab meat and placing it in a mixing bowl, simply add all the other ingredients to your liking. I like to do every thing by taste and not measuring cups

If you prefer to use mayonnaise, go for it. I prefer Miracle Whip for the sweeter taste. On average, I start with 3 tablespoons of Miracle Whip and add until I have the consistency I like. The same goes for the Old Bay. I love Old Bay and I tend to add A LOT! But, once again, add the Old Bay to your liking.

OH! Don't forget the crackers! I'm a fan of Wheat Thins or Club Crackers.

Snack #2: Strawberry Dip
This one is beyond simple and so yummy!
Here's what you need:
  • 1 Cool Whip Tub
  • Small Jar of Strawberry Preserves
  • Strawberries
All you have to do is mix all the Cool Whip with about half of the Strawberry preserves jar. Once mixed, you have a great dip. I really like dipping strawberries in the dip, but I must say I also really like spreading the dip on some pound cake. :o)

Snack #3: Chocolate & Cheese
Chances are, you are going to think I'm crazy for this one! But, don't knock it until you try it. I don't know about you, but when I eat chocolate I crave cheese and vice versa. So, needless to day, I thought chocolate covered cheese would be a phenomenal idea and boy was it! SO YUMMY!

You can use any kind of cheese and any kind of chocolate. I prefer Yellow American and Milk Chocolate. Simply cut the cheese block up into small bite-size pieces. All you have to do is dip and cheese in the chocolate and there you have it: Chocolate Covered Cheese!

*****************************

This coming weekend my parents will be hosting a "Tailgate Party" for the Ravens home game. I will be sure to share all the yummy goodies I come across!

*****************************

Stay tuned to here what else has been going on!

Cheers,
-Vicki

1 comment:

  1. Wow, we tried the crab dip and it was soo... good. I'm even adding it to my Christmas dinner plans.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete