Monday, November 2, 2009

What's Next to Come?

Guess who's back? :o)

I finally got my computer back! I installed both of my new programs on my computer and I am working on teaching myself how they work! It's exciting and overwhelming all at once! I've got a lot left to learn!

But, in the mean time, here's a sneak peek at the projects I'm working on.

- My main project I'm working on right now is what I'm calling "My Project Planner." I'm still trying to come up with another, catchy name. Any thoughts? :o) The purpose of this project is so I have some where to keep a running tab of all the projects I'm working on. It will allow me to have one go-to place to keep all my notes, pictures, supply lists, and everything else I need to make sure my projects come out just the way I want.

Does anyone remember the "denim" binders we all had back in the days of middle school? They were a textured fabric and we decorated the fronts and back. Well, I was looking for them all over the place. I thought that binder would be a good choice to keep "My Project Planner" in because I would be able to decorate the front. Well, they don't make them anymore, or I have no idea where to find them. I'm not in love with the idea of using the traditional binder that has the plastic sleeve you can slide a cover in to. But, I was able to find something that will allow me to the same thing the "denim" binders would. And the best part, they are made from recycled materials! So, I am using the Wilson Jones Recycled Binder. I'm really excited about it!

- I'm really looking forward to this next project of mine. It's really quite simple. I'm going to make my own stationary! All you have to do is take plain paper and spray paint a stencil to the paper. I recommend using Floral Spray Paint. It's slightly more expensive then traditional spray paint, but not as harsh. I'm also using card stock instead of plain paper.

I'm going to start by making generic stationary. My goal is to have a set for each season. If I'm feeling energetic and have the time I need, I may even work on making a set for each holiday. I'm going to make my stationary on 8.5 x 5.5 inch paper, but you can make it whatever size you want.

- As an event planner, I take special pride in this project. I am going to make personalized "Wedding Workbooks." I'm using The Knot's and Martha Stewart's as my inspiration. But, what will set my books apart are that mine will be personalized to my friends. The book will include different things that say who the couple is and who makes them who they are (i.e. favorite colors, pictures, etc.) I am really looking forward to this one!

- OH! I finally started working on my Boat Trip 2009 Scrapbook. I took a ton of pictures and I bought all kinds of things home with me to include in the book (i.e. post cards, maps, etc.) I will be sure to share the progress of the book!

I think that's about all of BIG projects that I'm working on right now. I will be sure to keep you updated on the status of each project with tutorials and pictures! I hope you are as excited to read about the projects as I am to work on them!

Be sure to share with me any thoughts or ideas you have about what I'm working on and I would love to hear from you about what you are working on. I am always looking for a little inspiration.

Cheers,
-Vicki :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment