Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Three Hour Tour!

When it comes to vacation, a lot of families like to visit the beach or go see Mickey & Minnie in Disney World.  My family and I, we like to spice things up a little bit and take our boat away for the week and visit different spots along the Chesapeake Bay.

But, it’s not just us.  For this year’s trip there were a total of 5 boats that took part in the adventure – My family and me on boat #1, my aunt & uncle on boat #2, my dad’s friend and family on boat #3, another one of dad’s friends and family on boat #4, and a family friend on boat #5.

The itinerary for this year’s trip was as follows:

  • Saturday – Monday: Harrington Harbor North
  • Tuesday – Thursday: Solomon’s Island
  • Friday – Sunday: Fishing Creek

Other places we have stopped on previous trips include:

  • Mears (Red Eyes Dock Bar)
  • Great Oaks (Jellyfish Joel’s)
  • Rock Hall
  • Tilghman
  • St. Michael’s
  • Cambridge
  • And many more…

When picking a place to visit we have a few standards that the place must meet:

  • Pool
  • Bath Houses
  • Laundry Facilities
  • Pet (dog) Friendly

While each place must have these, most places also have tons of other things to get into:

  • Bike Rentals
  • Canoe Rentals
  • Trolley Service
  • Water Parks
  • Shopping
There are always a ton of things to keep ourselves occupied with on this trip.  It really is a good time.  But, it's a lot of work.  On travel days, it's waking up early to get things packed up and get the boat and everyone ready for the ride to the next spot!  AND it's not always a smooth ride!

I could write a book on all my crazy boating experiences.  The most common is the rain storms we get caught up in or the 4 foot swells we are battling.  However, nothing will be beat the boat breaking down half way through the ride and having to be towed somewhere to have it fixed.  When it comes to boating, every captain and first mate know to be prepared for anything!!



My pictures from our adventure I just had printed and received the other day.  So, I will be starting to work on my Vacation Scrapbook very soon.  Keep an eye out to see the updates!

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment